Pages

Saturday 23 July 2016

My All-Natural Skincare Routine

It's taken me a while to learn one key thing about my skin; less, for me, is more. Gone are the days where I was hoarding masks and treatments in every corner of my room and scouring the new in page of Space NK. It's taken some time but I'm finally happy with my skincare regime, and it seems to work a treat. Four steps, four products (three pictured - woops). Here goes:)

  • Cleanse - Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish has been in my life for over four years now and I think that does a lot of the talking here. Trustworthy, simple, effective, and cruelty free too; winner.
  • Moisturise - This changes occasionally depending on the season and whatever samples I've kept aside, but currently I'm enjoying the Liz Earle Superskin Neroli Moisturiser as a day cream. Smells divine, light but hydrating, and quick to sink in. Another favourite is Astral Original, (which my nan has been using for about 60 years and let me tell you her skin is insane) which is affordable, rich and great for extra dry or winter skin.
  • Spot-Treat - Tea tree oil is the best thing I've found for drying out any pesky spots, especially those under-the-skin nightmares. I dot it on any problem areas before bed (avoiding broken skin and the eye area) and wake up to shrunken or disappearing blemishes. Any brand will do, but warning the smell takes some getting used to so perhaps dilute it with a serum or moisturiser to start.
  • Moisturise, again - I don't know if it's because I have fairly dehydrated skin, or because my mum has drilled into me from the age of 12 to moisturise my face day and night without fail, that I'm so into my moisturising. Each night, focusing around my eyes (mum also likes to tell me about 'crows feet' lines), I apply the Origins Overnight Drink Up mask as a night cream, which helps quench and plump any previously parched skin by morning.


4 comments:

  1. I love Origins skincare products, they are always so refreshing and leave my skin feeling silky smooth :)

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, this mask is like baby skin in a bottle when you wake up!

      Delete
  2. Great post- love Liz Earle cleanse and polish too!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete