Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2016

A Vegan's Guide to New York - Desserts

Guys, prepare yourself for a serious sugar overdose. Donuts, ice-cream, cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake, the lot. I promise this is a good one...


Van Leeuwan Artisan Ice Cream (some vegan)


1st order - salted caramel and cookie dough vegan scoops, with chocolate sauce (not pictured, I was too excited)
2nd order - vegan mint chip ice cream cookie sandwich

The vegan scoops here are hands down the best tasting ice-creams I've ever had. The velvety richness of the salted caramel, the refreshing sweetness of the mint choc chip, the chewy and chocolate packed cookies; everything was a 10/10. If you're wanting the best vegan ice cream in the city, look no further.


Dun-Well Donuts (100% vegan)


Order - The Homer (traditional donut base with strawberry frosting and sprinkles)

This was my first donut since becoming vegan, and while I have no comparison yet, this was one seriously good donut. The range of flavours for these chewy delights was also impressive, with anything from toasted coconut, PB&J, chocolate peanut and maple being available. Reasonably priced too!


Sweets ByCHLOË (100% vegan, some GF)


Order - PB&J cupcake and Chocolate cupcake (yes I ate both, I regret nothing)

Im saying it again, hands down the best vegan cupcakes I've ever tasted! Fluffy moist sponges, just enough creamy icing, and surprise surprise, not a sickly as you might think. I also tried a bit of my dad's pecan pie from ByCHLOË and it was insanely good. They also offer full size birthday cakes(!) ice creams, cookies, slices and pastries. Without a doubt there's something for everyone. 


Champs Diner (100% vegan, some GF)


Order - Chocolate peanut butter cheesecake

This was definitely the heaviest dessert I tried on the trip; a dense and creamy cheesecake middle topped with rich chocolate and peanut butter ganache and a layer of chocolate biscuit base. This slice was a struggle even for me to finish, so would be a great one to share as a seriously indulgent pud. Mum said the red velvet cupcake pictured was also a winner if cheesecake doesn't float your boat.


Have you tried any of these places? Any other recommendations welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment